Dutch wentelteefjes in a muffin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk (almond milk for lactose intolerants)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla aroma or 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 slices sugar bread
- 1⁄2 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blackberries
- edible flowers
- 2 cups creme fraiche (coconut
- yoghurt for lactose intolerants) zest of 1 lemon
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1⁄4 cup stroopwafel/Caramel or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 ̊F/180 ̊C.
Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
Dip bread slices into egg mixture and gently press into muffin tin coated with butter or cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Prepare filling: just whisk everything while cups bake.
Fill up the baked sugar bread muffins with the filling and put on top fruit and flowers.
Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.